The monument to the 30th Ohio Infantry Regiment at Antietam is on Branch Avenue. It was dedicated in 1903.
The colonel of the 30th Ohio, Colonel Hugh Ewing, was commanding the brigade at Antietam. Lieutenant Colonel Theodore Jones commanded the regiment until he was captured, when Major George Hildt took command.
From the front of the monument:
Lieut. Col. Theodore Jones (captured)
Major George H. Hildt
Hugh Ewing's (1st) Brigade
Ninth Army Corps
Army of the Potomac
From the rear of the monument:
This Regiment was engaged here
about 5 o'clock P.M. September 17, 1862.
Its loss was 3 officers and 10
men killed, including both color
bearers; 1 officer and 48
men wounded; 2 officers and 15 men
taken prisoners; total, 80.
See more about the 30th Ohio Infantry Regiment during the Civil War